My name is Jane Thornthwaite and I’m a funeral celebrant and a member of the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants. Based in Wombourne, I conduct funerals and memorial services in the Wolverhampton and Dudley area.
I consider it to be a great privilege to work in a profession where I get the opportunity to meet so many interesting and wonderful families. As a celebrant, it is a great honour to tell the story of someone’s life. These stories may be sad, happy and even humorous, but it is these memories that make every person unique.
Why choose me?
* I have a calm, down-to-earth and friendly manner and I’m an attentive listener
* I will discuss and arrange every element of the ceremony with you – as it is essential that every detail is right for you and your family
* I care passionately about creating heartfelt and personalised ceremonies that truly reflect and honour your wishes and beliefs
* I can provide you with poems, readings and songs if you feel it would be helpful and these can include spiritual/religious prayers or hymns – but it is entirely your choice
* I can assist family members or friends if they wish to take an active part during the ceremony – this can be anything from reading a poem to even delivering the Eulogy
* I will always send you a full copy of the funeral script in advance of the ceremony
* On the day, I will lead the ceremony with warmth and compassion and be on hand to offer my assistance and support.
Funerals don’t always take place at crematoriums and I can also deliver ceremonies at a location of your choosing, including woodland burials. If you wish, I can also perform scattering of ashes following a funeral.
If you’d like to get in touch please call me on 01902 894953 or use the contact form here and I will happily answer any further questions you may have.